Heather hosts our book group at her house every 3rd Wednesday of the month. Members of the book group take it in turns to pick a book that they have either enjoyed themselves and want to share with the group or that they would like to read. The books are varied with some people opting for old favourites or classics and other people choosing more modern humorous books. Once read, the books are discussed and rated 0-10. It is always a very sociable evening with wine and nibbles. There have also been some visits to the Goods Shed to listen to literary speakers which is also very enjoyable.
Some of the titles the book group have enjoyed recently are:
- The Couple at No 9 by Claire Douglas
- The Reading List by Sara Nisha Adams
- The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gower
- Great Circle by Maggie Shipstead
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- The Keeper of Happy Endings by Barbara Davies
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman
Please see Heather for more details about this very popular group.